With the instituting of a protected marine area the subaqueous activities of Bergeggi enhance its importance.
There are various diving centres where you can acquire techniques of exploring the marine world or you can refine your acquired skills.There are three marine ways that start on the island:
The territory of Bergeggi offers walks close to the sea as well as in the hills where – in a small region – you can detect an ample variety of vegetation.
Here are the walks:
- Detecting Castellaro di Monte S.Elena – about 2,30 hrs
- Botanical walk – from the macchia to the cork-oaks – about 3 hrs.
- Along the antique Roman road – about 3 hrs.
- The Regional Nature Reserve of Bergeggi – Punta Prodani and the grotto of Marina – about 1,5 hrs.
- The grotto of Marina of Bergeggi (the entry to the grotto only accompanied by professional environmental guides)
- The grotto of the Gallery of Bergeggi (also only accompanied by professional guides).Description routes (PDF)
You must not miss the pleasure of the two wheels on the antique Roman roads that connect Bergeggi and Finale Ligure, passing through the high plane of the Manie.
We want to recommend the Giro del Monte Mao which covers easy stretches as well as extremely strenuous ones.
You have an enchanting view over the sea, to the island of Bergeggi and the valley of Vado.
The circuit of Vado Ligure – San Genesio – loc.S.Elena – Monte Mao – Bergeggi (cemetery) – chapel S.Stefano – Porto Vado
Difference in altitude: 500m
For the fans of free flying Bergeggi offers one of the most beautiful points of Liguria where you can let go.
The place is situated at 280m above sea level close to the Fort of Sant’Elena.
At the take-off point there are three areas covered with green carpet to facilitate the take-off. The landing takes place on the underlying beaches. This is only possible in the winter season, while it is prohibited from May1 to September 30.